Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mother Nature here I come ...

Spring is Definitely Here

We waited and we waited somewhat patiently, and alas! Spring is here; in Kitchener it's about 8 degrees Celsius. What choice do we have but wait. Some of us, myself included have been known to complain hoping that maybe Mother Nature would hear us and grant our wishes for warmer days. Or at least make the snow melts away and temperatures stay above freezing so we could brave outside for walks around the block. A piece of advice. There are no warmer or colder days for walks. Speaking from experience I too waited for the warmer days in the past to justify walking outside. In reality, they were never warm or hot enough days or nights to motivate venturing outside, so I stayed, and stayed inside until the hot summer "chased" me out of the house. Like most Canadians we went outside to cool off because we didn't want to pay the high costs of air-conditioning. The average Canadians already spent their hard-earned money on gas and/or hydro heating over the winter months, and so most of us have to conserve energy costs knowing soon enough Mother Nature's winter blasts will be back ... THE SOLUTION? Get involved with a walking club in your neighbourhood. I did, and since Fall of last year I was outside walking at least 3 - 4 times a week, even in minus 40 degrees Celsius weather. Now I plan to walk through Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. I swear I will never let Mother Nature makes me her prisoner ever again. I intend to be free from the cruel, whimsical cycles of the so-called Mother Nature. Come June-July I plan to hike 77 km of the West Coast Trial, and no wild animals can scare me away. Black bears and cougars aren't going to scare me in-doors. I want my freedom, and I wanna feel free from here onwards.

blackberrycat

No comments:

Post a Comment